REHABILITE – Transnational Platform to Support Energy Renovation Financing was a project funded by the European programme INTERREG SUDOE with the main objective of contributing towards designing new policies that support energy renovation, including the study of innovative financial instruments (FIs), as well as testing the feasibility of new policies through pilot-actions. The challenge of the REHABILITE project was to identify and capitalise FIs that made it possible to break the investment barrier, both in private homes and in public buildings.
Within the SUDOE space (Portugal, Spain, South-West France and Gibraltar), energy renovation still has a certain lack of dynamics, essentially due to non-technical barriers. To help overcome these barriers, REHABILITE develop 4 projects aimed at local/regional administration, construction companies and the finance sector:
- Transnational Platform to Support Energy Renovation Financing with over 1,500 users working in training, consultancy and actions with people;
- Five ex-ante Studies and FIs structure;
- SUDOE methodology for designing the Innovative FIs;
- Online training in energy renovation;
- Seven pilot-actions to improve energy efficiency in buildings.
Get advice on financing and energy efficiency measures